As a clinical led care provider, Midlands Community Homecare understand that managing diabetes means making significant lifestyle changes.
Our care workers provide:
- Help with making healthy food choices, shopping and cooking.
- Regular meals and drinks to keep you hydrated and balance your blood glucose levels.
- Encouragement to enjoy an active lifestyle which will improve self-care, promote mental health and prevent falls.
- Practical support to manage day-to-day symptoms such as fatigue, blurred vision, hunger and weight loss.
- Assistance with medication and checking your glucose levels.
- Help identifying signs of hypoglycaemia such as: confusion, changes to personality, frequent headaches, speech and self-care difficulties, poor appetite, aggressive behaviour, unsteadiness and falls or loss of consciousness.
- Liaison with health care services to help you get the best treatment.
Our care workers are also more than happy to provide a listening ear when you need it.
At Midlands Community Homecare, our care workers can support you and your family to manage these risks and reduce the impact of everyday symptoms, so you can continue to enjoy a normal and active life.